Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Near and Far

Being away from family that you love is.... NEVER easy. No matter if it's thousands of miles away, or a few blocks away, it stinks. But when we have a Father above who fills your heart with His peace and your days with His provision, it makes the load less burdensome and the days at hand more fragile.

While it was Thanksgiving in the States, Matt went off to work while I decided to pull out the few Christmas decorations we have.  Matt and I had a difficult week being reminded of all our families getting together while we weren't able to enjoy being with them physically. We missed the feeling of embracing our mama's hugs, our brother's and sister's goofy stories and even the touch of our sweet and crazy pets. I lost it at a total of 9 times that day. Yes, I counted. I pushed through though by putting on some classic Christmas music (Good 'ol Bing Crosby & Frank Sinatra) and looking forward to time with my husband when he would come home. When he did come home, we had a great night together putting the ornaments on the lovely pine tree we were given and spending time talking about our families back home.

Having those emotional chords be struck so often now a days, it's much easier for our minds to think on Heaven and being together with family, friends and our Savior forever.  These past few weeks, the Lord has been showing us how crucial time is. How we spend it and who we spend it with makes all the difference for eternity. Specifically, Matt and I have been humbled when thinking about the salvation we have because of Jesus.  There's no other Name by which we are saved, and we're realizing that so many people who think Jesus is their "ticket" to Heaven, have missed the point.  He is what Heaven's all about! I know that there will be people in Heaven who we never thought would be there and soooo many who aren't there that we thought would be. That thought right there brought me to my knees physically and in my heart knowing that there is NO righteousness in me of my own. None. Zero.  Matt and I talked about it for quite a while the other night and getting to the heart of it, we have to know and trust that Jesus is our everything. Him, His Word, His Righteousness, His Mercy and Grace imparted to us by the work on the cross and His people are what we need to love and live for.
I've been thinking about what it means to truly believe and Love Jesus, inside and out in the fullest capacity to be able to claim that "Jesus is my righteousness" with out any doubt.  Do I claim that enough!? My selfish and sinful heart is also so deeply rooted in pride, arrogance, and deceit. It may not be visible to others, but I see the things I lend my ear and heart to that are worthless and only aiding my pride.  But God's grace goes so much further than any of my sin! My prayer is that God would remove all the distractions that pull my hearts conviction away from living for anything that is not pleasing Him at whatever cost.  I don't want to please Him for any reason besides it's how my heart praises and adores Him for this redeemed life He's given me. I think eternity with Jesus is worth this tiny spec of a lifetime given to Him. And, it's only because of what Jesus did on the cross, dying and raising again from the dead to pay for the wages of my sin, that I have any imparted grace to live eternally with Him!

So, although Christmas is approaching and Matt and I will miss the company of our family, we're privileged to be exactly where the Lord has sent us.  His people here are becoming our family too and we know there is so much joy to be had! Plus, I'm hoping Matt gets me a kitten. Hehe:) Please, if any of you have read this far... give him a nudge!!!! I mean, you might as well shove him! ;)

Here's some pictures of our little tree and some of our family that we're consistently missing. To God be the glory:)   ...

And.. my nephew Jace who I have yet to meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment